How To Avoid George Bush Syndrome

September 17, 2007

Learning from our president, why the "Failure Is Not An Option" syndrome makes failure inevitable.

BTW I am still working my tail off to try and get videos up every day, and the experiment is teaching me a lot about how to develop ideas and get them done.. so please have mercy if I miss a day here and there! :) I actually recorded a song last night as penance for the day or two I missed so far, but decided not subject you to it.

quicktime version

Posted by jsmooth995 at September 17, 2007 8:23 PM
Comments

Jay Smooth for president.

Posted by: George at September 17, 2007 8:56 PM

you have the most gangsta intro music

Posted by: fredMS at September 17, 2007 9:01 PM

I bet u find it difficult to not talk about Kanye and 50 Cent.

Posted by: Dj Dru at September 17, 2007 9:08 PM

Whoa Jay, you outdid yourself on this one. That was some life lesson quality shit. Way to go, keep up the good work.

Posted by: sauceBoss at September 17, 2007 9:19 PM

Beautifully said!!! Congratulations on your continued success. :D

Posted by: Paul Dateh at September 17, 2007 9:31 PM

wow... thats some deep metaphorical type ish man.....
lmao at quagmire
jay humor me on this........ run for president...

Posted by: trusouth at September 17, 2007 10:09 PM

good shit, i appreciate your work.

Posted by: RICK DIGITAL at September 17, 2007 10:45 PM

Good lesson for the day: It's ok to admit when you fuck up.

Posted by: Michelle at September 17, 2007 11:37 PM

LESSON!

Posted by: Belve at September 18, 2007 12:06 AM

Yo Smooth,
Haven’t looked at your latest yet – always read the comments first.

Anyway, what i wanted to say, as perhaps a means of encouragement to your (almost) daily posting, is this:

Com’on man, i know you can do it!
…i mean aren’t you the same cat who survived a light sabre attack?
Doesn’t that put you at least on par with that guy who survived an attack by “He who can not be named?”

Anon…….anthony – T (from thePatterson’s takingthetraintoTibet.)

Posted by: audiodramatist at September 18, 2007 12:54 AM

I was wondering about the lapses. That's cool though Jay. To quote the king of malapropism you featured in this video, it's hard work.
A video a day for a month sounds tough in words, can't imagine you sitting in your workspace for hours putting it all together day after day for a straight month. That would give you no time for yourself.

Posted by: Jay B at September 18, 2007 12:58 AM

Your effort to produce a new video every day is appreciated. However, if I just wanted a large quantity of videos to watch, I could go to YouTube and watch however-many millions of different people ramble on aimlessly about various things. As funny as it might be to see some psycho having a melt-down over Britney Spears, I'd rather listen to your well-written, well-informed vblogs about subject matter that plays a more important role in my life. I frequent ill doctrine for the quality of your posts, and if that takes a little longer to do, then so be it. I'll ride it out. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: crjacobsen at September 18, 2007 2:33 AM

haha nice excuse

just playin...i love the analogy of bush's speeches and his political policies, that some true shit

as long as you keep those ill vids coming, i wont care how long they take

Posted by: tucan sam ain't nuthin ta f' wit at September 18, 2007 2:34 AM

Guessing 50'll come out with the same excuse later on this week ;-)

Posted by: Moksi at September 18, 2007 8:34 AM

Great advice for all the content creatives in the house, in front of a laptop, wearing pajamas,trying to make it. Thanks!

Posted by: Nichelle at September 18, 2007 8:42 AM

Ahh... that's wasup... man I love this blog.

Posted by: Gudo at September 18, 2007 12:52 PM

j, goin 4wards can feel like goin backwards, and vice versa, thank you for speaking on the need for us to be true and kind to ourselves, regardless of which way we headin. peace.

Posted by: politicalpoet at September 18, 2007 3:50 PM

who the hell has the time to watch video blogs every day anyway?
you are doing a damn fine job.
since ze went away this is definitely the best one out there (best i have come across anyway.)
all your hard work is appreciated.

Posted by: Karneeleus at September 18, 2007 6:53 PM

dope

Posted by: zillz at September 18, 2007 10:33 PM

Jay Smooth for president.

What he said.

Seriously though, I know half the people here think I am redneck, and I am ok with that... as long as you know I am a 100% Hate Free Redneck. (Ok... 99.8%...)

But now, seeing as how I am feeling today's lesson, I feel the need to be a little didactic and drop some redneck wisdom on y'all because it's ON TOPIC...

My grandfather used to say "When you find yourself in a hole, son, STOP DIGGING."

Those old guys... they knew a couple of things.

Posted by: patrick at September 19, 2007 11:31 AM

Good one, man. Keep up the great work!

Posted by: Kev Clark at September 19, 2007 1:51 PM

nice parallels. except i'm glad you explained how he speaks, because i find that if i watch GWB speak i eventually become nauseated. i have to say that he's the first to do that for me.

also, ever watch him on mute? his faces are funny! but not funny if you're a president.

Posted by: miss al boogz at September 19, 2007 2:00 PM

Posted by: miss al boogz at September 19, 2007 2:01 PM

okay sorry for the double post y'all. i'm retarded.

Posted by: miss al boogz at September 19, 2007 3:08 PM

I work at a creative agency, and we take 8 weeks to tell a two minute story for a client. It's a craft - take your time J - we'll wait.

Posted by: Blind at September 20, 2007 10:14 PM

dope man. you be dropping gems jay. congrats on all the new traffic too. yo man, where is the cat, (as in your pet cat) that used to step into the camera shot every now and then? its like the mascot for illdoctrine! lol.

Posted by: Jason Reynolds at September 26, 2007 1:07 PM

DJ GMF

For over a decade, DJ GMF has rocked crowds throughout New York with his raw energy and unmatched skills on the turntables. He has also given undiscovered talent a chance to shine.

This Spring, Masta Mix Records will introduce DJ GMF to the rest of the world with the release of his debut compilation album, “Love the Game.” The album follows the same formula - pure hip-hop bangers - that has propelled him into one of the most prominent DJs in the North.

“I appreciate the love that my fans have shown throughout my career, but I feel like this is the perfect time to show everyone else what I can do,” says GMF. “My album is a reflection of my appreciation for real hip-hop and artists who have something to say.”

Born in Far Rockaway, Queens and raised in Edgemere Housing Projects, GMF was inspired to enter the DJ culture by his older brother. He did odd jobs including maintenance while simultaneously establishing his name by selling mix tapes and deejaying at local parties.

His big break came when he did a show with Profile Records artist Smooth the Hustler. Later, he hooked up with Tommy Boy Records rap group Screwball. His reputation heightened when he joined the prominent Lyricist Lounge tour that featured Mos Def, EPMD, and Pharaohe Monch.

Other notable appearances have included Black Entertainment Television’s Teen Summit, Future Flavas Online, and inthemixradio.net.

In 2006, longtime friend and CEO of Masta Mix Records, Traum called to take GMF’s career to the next level.

“GMF has the innate ability to know what people want to hear musically” says Traum. “His album is a testament that underground hip-hop can reach fans coast to coast and even internationally.”

“Love the Game” is executive produced by GMF and Traum and includes production by Traum, Poorman, Crunk Squad, and Jemstar Productions. The album is a satisfying mixture of different styles and messages that caters to true hip-hop fans.

A+ supplies a party anthem with ‘Put Your Hands in the Air’ and confidently proclaims throughout that he’s “about to take over the world.”

Love The Game Track List.
1. GMF Live – Intro

11.GMF Speaks

12. Dead Eye – It’s Real - Produced By Poorman

13. Federal Kings – USAY – Produced By ES1

14. Little Inf – You Wouldn’t Understand

15. G-Man – Shake That Ass – Produced By – Jemstar Productions

16. GMF - Outro

Available at: www.amazon.com and www.BestBuy.com

Posted by: Masta Mix Records at October 7, 2007 4:17 PM

Brilliant man. I stumbled upon your videos on Youtube, and I think you're doing a great job. The stuff you're putting out out is way more substantial, funny, and entertaining than most of crap we're being force-fed on the Corporate Media. I hope your career takes off so we can have one more voice of sanity in this crazy culture. Best of luck.

Posted by: ALY at November 11, 2007 11:36 PM

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Posted by: buy amoxil at April 30, 2011 11:08 PM